Skip to main content

Match Report


Posted Tue 12 Nov 13 at 21:30 PM


An injury-time goal from Macclesfield saw Harriers forced to settle for one point rather than three in the Skrill Premier at Moss Rose on Tuesday night.

Callum Gittings, fresh from a goal and fine performance against Sutton at the weekend, was first to register a chance on the night as he drew a strong save from home stopper Rhys Taylor with a low shot, Scott Boden then going close for the Silkmen as his powerful header from close-range went wide of Danny Lewis and his goal.

On 25 minutes the well-organised hosts who chased in packs, hassled and harried the visitors and saw Peter Winn hit the post with a shot before Connor Jennings lashed one over - Macc perhaps paying the price, however, as Harriers then struck first blood through Gittings as he whizzed into the box and powered a finish into the net for his second in as many games.

Harriers then had the ball in the net for a second only for Joe Lolley's effort to be disallowed, and Macclesfield almost rubbed salt in the wounds with half an hour gone though his powerful effort from a dangerous position was kept out well by Lewis between the sticks.

Lolley then had another shot trickle wide in the final moments of the half and, further still, Harriers had huge calls for a penalty waved away after Danny Andrew fouled Amari Morgan-Smith inside the area after the striker raced on to a ball upfield. 

Macc started the second period well and, just four minutes in, went close to a leveller though Winn's effort was substantially wayward, as was Danny Whitaker's rising shot three minutes later that Lewis was happy to see sail over.

There was more Lolley magic moments later as his dazzling run left Danny Andrew searching for answers but the former Littleton man was only able to direct a well-taken curler wide of the target with Taylor beaten.

Inside the final 20, Danny Jackman  tried his luck cutting inside only to be thwarted by a Taylor save, Lewis then equal to that up at the other end as he denied home captain Paul Turnbull whose attempted effort was well palmed away.

Andy Halls went close again as the home side pressed and pressed but his 77th minute angled drive sailed over the bar, but the men in blue would finally have their goal two minutes into added time as Turnbull swept the ball home at the near post.

Want a more detailed, blow-by-blow account of the game? Tune in or check back to our official Twitter account @khfcofficial for even more from the big match.

    Latest Match Reports