Skip to main content

Match Report


Posted Sat 15 Aug 15 at 16:45 PM

Report: Guiseley 1-0 Harriers

For the second time in a week, Harriers were beaten on the road despite utterly dominating stages of a game -creating a bag full of chances at Guiseley but going down to a 1-0 defeat.

The game was played at a frantic pace to start but with neither side really creating a key opening - youngster Tahvon Campbell at the knife and of most of what Harriers did well early on as he caused problems for the home back line with his pace and trickery.

In fact it was with some 18 minutes gone that Guiseley created the first chance of the game; striker Adam Boyes showing some quick feet in the area before turning at shooting, Dean Snedker showing some trademark quick-hands to smother the danger.

Past the half hour, Harriers almost had the lead in the most ridiculous of circumstances - winning the ball deep in his own half, Adam Dawson spotted the home goalkeeper Drench way off his line, attempting the lob that drifted over him and only narrowly past his target.

Seven later, Reece Styche spun on a ball in the area and saw a shot well blocked by the home side, Craig Reid on hand to take a stab at the re-bound, the striker driving the effort just over the bar. 

It would be Styche who ended the half with the best chance of the game to that point - Campbell put the rockets on yet again and floated a fantastic cross right on to the head of the former Forest Green Rovers man who could only plant an effort over the bar.

Eight minutes into the second half, Harriers needed Snedker's reflexes to be at their best as Boyes raced in to the area and struck a half volley at goal, the custodian meeting it with a strong pair of hands to guide it over the bar.

Five after the hour, a corner was bundled into the back of the net by Guiseley but the effort, in off the bar, was ruled out with the referee having spotted a foul on goalkeeper Snedker.

Up at the other end, Styche was put clean through by Singh but took a just-too-heavy touch before meeting the goalkeeper and saw the chance snuffed out, Jordan Tunnicliffe's flick-header then gathered well by Drench.

Gurj Singh was introduced as a second half substitute and on 75 minutes he went close to finding a breakthrough for his team; Dawson's charging run and accurate cross finding the striker who planted a header just wide of Drench's frame. 

Drench then had to be alert with less than a dozen left as Jake Green's  ball into the box needed tipping over the bar, but the drama would be up at the other end and with just five left on the clock when, despite sheer dominance in terms of chances, Harriers conceded another late goal - Boyes connecting with a terrific header from distance that looped up and beyond Snedker.

    Latest Match Reports