Skip to main content

Match Report


Posted Sat 17 Sep 16 at 16:45 PM

Report: Mani at the double in big Cup win

MANI DIESERUVWE netted twice as Harriers secured comfortable passage to the next round of the FA Cup with another comfortable win over Tamworth, 4-0 at Aggborough.

Both the Harriers management office and dressing room had warned that there would be no lapse in concentration and no danger of complacency as these two teams met just days after the reds dished out a real hammering - and the opening stages proved it.

While you could see Tamworth were keen to thwart Harriers' advances, they were powerless to stop their tempo and quick-thinking as they swiftly took a two-goal lead inside eleven minutes - both goals coming from corner-kick routines. First, Elton Ngwatala slotted the ball home comfortably as a well-worked move saw Tamworth left standing and watching and, just six minutes later, Dieseruvwe doubled the lead as he slammed the ball home from the next corner as the Lambs failed to clear.

The day really wasn't about to get any better in a hurry, either - it must have felt like groundhog day when, on 18 minutes, Dieseruvwe added his second and a home third, the visitors all-too sleepy as Gnahoua's advance wasn't halted - his shot blocked into the path of the big man who coolly finished into the net.

It took the visitors 88 minutes to register a first real attempt at goal on Tuesday night but they were far keener to trouble Hornby on this occasion, both Dyer and Burns going close with half-chances after Harriers' third.

Harriers could have had a fourth only for Belshaw to deny Gnahoua's low shot by tipping it around the post before the interval.

Tamworth were as stern to start the second half as they were the first and were lucky to escape without some punishment. As it was, Harriers dished out further trouble themselves as, less than ten minutes after the break, they grabbed a fourth as Gnahoua picked up a Waite knock-down before drilling the ball through Belshaw who couldn't stop it.

The hosts never stopped looking to attack and Tyrone Williams was almost the next to find the score sheet - deadly Dieseruvwe teed up him with a driven pass that the defender stopped well with one touch before driving an effort just over Belshaw's target.

Dieseruvwe had another chance to claim the match ball as we entered injury time after Stambolziev teed him up, but the striker's drive was straight at Belshaw.

    Latest Match Reports