Report: Reds held by Brakes

Report from Leamington…

Andre Brown

HARRIERS were held to a 1-1 draw at Leamington in their first away league game of 2018.

The home side had started well and forced Brandon Hall into a couple of neat saves, before Andre Brown’s goal put the Harriers into the ascendancy before the break.

Leamington equalised through Obeng on 56 minutes, with neither side able to force a further breakthrough.

It was actually Hall who had been the busier of the two keepers early on. Within a quarter-hour of the kick-off, home trio Felix, Dunbar and Gittings had all gone close, Hall called upon to make good saves to parry away efforts from the former two.

Leamington keeper Tony Breeden was almost embarrassed by Ironside as he tipped the ball into the striker’s path before his shot was clawed off the line – a minute later the deadlock broken as Brown’s drive looped up off a body in the box and landed into the back of the net.

Ngwatala went close with a shot over before the break before, just after, Breeden had to hold an O’Connor long-ranger. Just eleven after the restart, Obeng found the net against his former club as Harriers were charged down, his shot just rolling over the line after Hall had got an initial strong hand to it.

Tails up, the home side almost added a second minutes later only for sub Lee Vaughan to force his shot off the line, while skipper Croasdale had one of the visitors’ second half chances from distance as he forced Breeden into a low save.

Ngwatala and another sub in Bradley had further sights of the home goal as Harriers pushed forward for a second goal, while Hall needed to extend himself in the final minutes to keep out a driven shot from Revan.

You can find the full line-ups and details of today’s game at the Match Centre.

This article is about: Match


Other News

Saturday: Prices cut for Chorley

Discounted prices available for this weekend’s game at Aggborough Stadium…

FA Trophy: York City details

All you need to know about the FA Trophy draw against York City…