We sit down with Dunkley to chat Harriers…
By Matty Paddock - 12/01/2018
Posted 3 months ago
WIGAN ATHLETIC defender and former Harrier Chey Dunkley has been speaking to our Soundcloud account about his years at Aggborough.
Dunkley spent the best part of three years at Harriers, signing from Hednesford in 2012.
He was part of the squad for the memorable 2012/13 term that saw the side go within a whisker of winning promotion to the Football League; while also being at Aggborough for the run to the FA Cup Fourth Round the following year.
From there he went on to Oxford United and Wigan as he now sets his signs on Championship football with the latter.
The extended interview discusses:
- His thoughts on first coming to Harriers
- Being thrown into the mix after the departure of Exodus Geohaghon
- Being labelled the ‘non-league Barcelona’ that season
- The title chase with Mansfield
- FA Cup frustrations with injury and Gary Whild’s return
- His moves to Oxford and Wigan
- Those he still keeps an eye on at Aggborough
Just press play below to listen!
This article is about: Alumni