Additional information ahead of Saturday’s Emirates FA Cup tie at Stourbridge…
By Matty Paddock - 03/10/2018
Posted 2 months ago
We have been provided with the following update from Stourbridge with regards to Saturday’s Emirates FA Cup tie.
We ask all supporters to read its contents carefully:
We are both proud local clubs, who both benefit from passionate support at fixtures both home, and away across the country. Many other clubs would love to have that passionate support available to them. The vast majority of those who attend each fixture at either ground, do so in the correct manner; fully supporting their team, which makes for an absolutely fantastic atmosphere. Both clubs wish to thank their GENUINE Supporters for the backing received each and every season. We both look forward to a fantastic atmosphere during the fixture, with ALL supporters conducting themselves in the correct manner.
Both Clubs however, wish to put on record their frustration that the previous fixtures in FA Competitions (in 2015) have been marred by events that do not belong at any football fixture in England. Bringing a pyrotechnic device into any arena in England, is a criminal offence, and we simply do not understand why any individual would choose to do so, given the potential dangers they possess; not only to other supporters within the ground, but also to the safety of ground infrastructure itself. You are NOT a genuine supporter of either Club if you decide to bring such a device into this fixture, and neither Club wishes to be associated with you.
Because of the issues that have previously occurred, we have no choice but to ‘manage’ this fixture in line with that of a Football League or Premier League fixture, for the safety and security of the genuine spectators and fans of each club. As a result, the following steps will be in place on Saturday:
- A ZERO tolerance approach to any supporter deemed to be acting in an unsatisfactory manner; (this means immediate ejection from the Ground)
- Random Turnstile Searches will take place upon entry to the Ground; if any supporter is deemed to be under the influence of alcohol, (or any other substance), they will be immediately ejected and no refund of the admission fee paid will be provided.
- West Midlands Police will be in attendance at the fixture, with officers having their ‘Body Cams’ permanently switched on, filming the crowd and West Midlands and West Mercia Police ‘Spotters’ will be on duty both inside and outside the ground.
- Additional Security Staff will also be filming the Crowds in each stand.
- The Security Teams in place are used to dealing with Football League crowds; they have been informed to act as if this fixture is the same.
- NO BAGS/RUCKSACKS/CARRIER BAGS (with the exception of a Female Supporter’s Handbag or required Individual Medication) will be allowed into the Ground; All bags are liable to be searched upon entry.
- No Drinks containers (bottles / cans etc) are to be brought into the ground; all drinks purchased inside the ground, will be ‘decanted’ into a ‘plastic’ glass.
THE FIXTURE WILL BE FULLY SEGREGATED
Stourbridge Supporters are to use to ‘Church End’ Turnstile Block, which will have 3 turnstiles open. KHFC supporters will use the Archway Entrance Turnstile block, which will have 2 Turnstiles open.
Turnstiles are CASH only;
Programmes will be available from both entrances;
Turnstiles will open at 1.30 PM on Saturday afternoon; please allow sufficient time to access the ground prior to the 3:00PM kick off; this will NOT Be delayed
Kidderminster Harriers Supporters
- We have allocated space that will cater for circa 600 supporters (this is in agreement with KHFC’s Safety Officer) at the ‘Shed’ end of our ground.
- This area is ALL Terracing; there are no seats available to KHFC Supporters, except for those supporters who need disability assistance from us.
- Please enter the Ground via the Turnstiles through the Archway entrance of the Ground at Amblecote; there is NO ENTRY to that part of the ground from any other method.
- The Stewards on duty are the official Steward Partner of both Stourbridge FC and KHFC, so will be known to most supporters.
- Catering and Toilet facilities, exclusively for KHFC supporters, are being provided by the Cricket Club Pavilion on the ground
- In line with FA Cup competition rules, NO Alcohol is allowed to be consumed within sight of the Pitch;
There is a safety capacity allowed in ‘The Shed’; once this has been reached, NO FURTHER Access will be allowed.
For this fixture only, there is also NO SUPPORTER PARKING on site at all; parking is only available for players and officials of both clubs, plus Guests. Please also be respectful of local residents should you drive to the fixture; local policing teams are in support and your vehicle will be removed without warning if necessary.
We will of course provide limited car parking facilities for supporters holding a BLUE BADGE only; details to be provided to Clive Eades of Stourbridge FC by 12 NOON on Friday 5th October at the latest. This is on a first come, first served basis. Contact details are available from our Club Website. Any late notifications may not be answered.
This article is about: Match